Established in 1954, Paraa Safari Lodge is in Murchison Falls National Park. The lodge is located in the north west of Uganda over looking one of nature's best kept secrets, the River Nile, on its journey from its source at Lake Victoria to join Lake Albert - here it is suddenly channeled into a gorge only six meters wide, and cascades 43 meters below. The earth literally trembles at Murchison Falls - one of the world's most powerful flows of natural water.
Paraa Safari Lodge offers a unique blend of comfort, relaxation and adventure. Each of the rooms is a haven of style and serenity, complete with balcony and private bathroom.
The safari d?®cor of the lodge still reflects the bygone era of early explorers, enshrined with a modern touch. The luxurious pool overlooks the winding River Nile below, which was the setting for the classic Hollywood movie "The African Queen" (starring Katharine Hepburn and Humphrey Bogart). Enjoy a variety of excursions and activities; from exhilarating Safari drives to boat trips along the River Nile, ending at the foot of Murchison Falls. For the more adventurous, one can trek up to the top of the falls and marvel at the views through the mist. A variety of ecosystems and an impressive 451 species of birds awaits you here.
NUMBER OF ROOMS:
20 modern tents.Room dcor: Spacious airy tents facing the river, all raised on wooden platforms, and with each named after a bird.Room amenities: En-suite facilities, towelling gowns and comfortable leather safari chairs.Special feature: Unique animals found in the reserve and Larsens is all about peace and tranquility in this regard, children below the age of 7 are not allowed at the camp.
- Dining tent - open on three sides and facing the river;elegant service by candlelight on tables set with silver and Larsens china.
- Tent Bar - In the bar, Eric Larsens old cabin trunks and pith helmets add to the period flavour. Backgammon or chess played on his original boards.
- Larsens Lounge a small ?£cardtent stocks a number of board games and a library of magazines and wildlife books.
- Special functions like champagne breakfast on the banks of the Uaso Nyiro after early morning game drive and Samburu Sunset - an early evening cocktail party on the banks of the river or on top on one of the small hills overlooking the river. Drinks and canaps are served as the sun sets painting the landscape pink
- Bureau de Change and use of Credit Cards - All major credit cards are accepted.
- Communication telephone services are available at the reception.
- Gift shop
- The Camp Fire - many a tale is exchanged around the fire each evening.
- Tree-house ideal for sundowners
- Game viewing drives In the early morning and late afternoon
- Leopard/ crocodile viewing and feeding in the evenings at Samburu Lodge
- Samburu Dancing in the afternoons at Samburu Lodge aren