This is an exceptional, Non Profit, tented-lodge in the middle of Bwindi Forest. Providing 2 self-contained double Bakiga lodge 300x198 Bakiga Lodge Ruhijatents having en suite bathrooms, we offer luxury accommodation looking over the forest. The Bakiga Lodge belongs to a Bakiga Community Project, a licensed NGO within Uganda, operating across Kabale to assist communities obtain water. As a result, all profits from the lodge are utilized to finance water projects - this really is exceptional among accommodation found in Bwindi Forest. It is only a five minute drive to Ruhija Gorilla trekking assembly point and from the beginning of birding guided walks. Offering spectacular sights across the valley to Bwindi forest, this lodge is a perfect place to unwind after your exciting Gorilla trekking or even bird viewing tours, yet still supporting a number of community development projects.
Camp place 300x226 Bakiga Lodge RuhijaThe Bakiga Lodge strives to provide responsible tourism within Bwindi. We offer the very best quality accommodation as well as food, whilst delivering legitimate benefit for the communities within Kabale. All proceeds of this lodge fund the Bakiga Community Project, NGO, as we aim to offer access to safe water throughout the district.
This Lodge provides two large double tents having twin beds. Every room features a balcony looking on top of the forest and the valley. Each and every tent has 2 large 4x6 beds. An additional bed may be added for a tiny supplement. Every tent comes with an en suite clean flush toilet, a sink plus a shower, having hot water.
The restaurant having lounge, a bar as well as a balcony offers room to unwind and eat, as you enjoy the breathtaking views.
This Lodge possesses its private parking facilities. There is solar lighting provided all over the place plus charging facilities offered in the lounge.
Bakiga Lodge is located within Ruhija, Bwindi, and one and a half hour drive just north of the town of Kabale and only 1km from the meeting point for the Gorilla tracking activity.
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. Ruhija offers a great variety of activities:
- Gorilla Trekking - permits are required to track Gorillas
- The Gorilla groups in Ruhija are the Bitukura or Oruzogo gorilla groups
- Bird Viewing Tours
- Guided hikes in the Forest
- Guided walk to the famous Mubwindi Swamp in Bwindi Forest
- Forest walks
- Relax and take in the breathtaking views at the lodge
- Perfomances of dance and song by local children
- Community based activities: Dancing, crafts, singing, visiting the trading centre
- Bakiga Lodge is an ideal venue for retreats and conferences
- Bakiga Community Project also offers the opportunity of working on community water projects across Kabale district