After enjoying a long leisurely game drive between herds of wild animals and along miles of Africa's seemingly endless roads, you come over a slight rise and the lodge appears almost immediately below you.
Built to blend in with the vastness of its surroundings, Tarangire Sopa Lodge lies hidden among the kopjes, ancient baobab and grasses of the Tarangire National Park - home to the greatest concentration of elephants in Africa. Many can be seen around the lodge, allowing visitors a close encounter.
NUMBER OF ROOMS: The lodge has 75 suites accommodating 160 guests.
Room dcor: Large spacious rooms with private verandah which offers stunning views over the baobab studded landscape.
Room amenities: Each room enjoys wall-to-wall carpeting, a private lounge with a mini bar, a bedroom with two queen size beds and ample room for a third, an en-suite bathroom with shaver sockets and a hair dryer.
Special feature: The baobab studded landscape plays host to a vast variety of resident and migratory bird life as well as a high population of elephants.
- Large dining hall overlooking the gorges
- Pool bar and kitchenette
- Direct-dial satelite telephone
- Satellite television
- Electrical generating systems provide 240volts, 50 cycles 24 hours a day.
- Water supply comes from nearby springs
- Complimentary bottled mineral water
- Gift shops
- Family friendly and children facilities
- Supply of diesel and minor repairs
- unique swimming pool located at the edge of a rocky gorge
- Game viewing drives