Tarangire Safari Lodge is situated on a panoramic bluff in Tarangire National Park, with one of Tanzania's most spectacular views, encompassing acacias and baobabs, plentiful wildlife and the Tarangire river. Game drives within Tarangire National Park are a year-round wildlife spectacle!
The lodge was the first to be built in the park. Since 1985, it has been owned and managed by the Simonson family, who have added a very personal touch.
At the heart of the lodge are the impressively high thatched roofs of the lounge and dining area. The open design allows for an uninterrupted landscape view and captures the cooling breeze. Between game viewing excursions, relax in our large, comfortable lounge. Enjoy a refreshing swim in the pool or browse in the Baobab Boutique.
NUMBER OF ROOMS: The lodge has 75 suites accommodating 160 guests.
Room decor: Large spacious rooms with private verandah which offers stunning views over the baobab studded landscape.
Room amenities: Each room enjoys wall-to-wall carpeting, a private lounge with a mini bar, a bedroom with two queen size beds and ample room for a third, an en-suite bathroom with shaver sockets and a hair dryer.
Special feature: The baobab studded landscape plays host to a vast variety of resident and migratory bird life as well as a high population of elephants.
- Large dining hall overlooking the gorges
- Pool bar and kitchenette
- Direct-dial satelite telephone
- Satellite television
- Electrical generating systems provide 240volts, 50 cycles 24 hours a day.
- Water supply comes from nearby springs
- Complimentary bottled mineral water
- Gift shops
- Family friendly and children facilities
- Supply of diesel and minor repairs
- unique swimming pool located at the edge of a rocky gorge
- Game viewing drives