Set high on the saddle of a tree-clad ridge, commanding panoramic views across the Serengeti, this lodge is the ultimate fusion of traditional African architecture and world-class style. Winner of numerous awards from the world travel press, it is perhaps the finest venue the Serengeti has to offer.
Centrally located adjacent to the famous Western Corridor and Grumeti River, the lodge has been designed to blend completely into the living landscape. A series of traditional domed 'rondavels', are widely spaced throughout the grounds, which are cooled by groves of acacia trees and watered by sparkling streams. On the very edge of the ridge is a 'vanishing horizon', pool, which looks out over the 'endless plains', after which the Serengeti is named.
Situated close to the world-famous 2-million-year-old paleolithic site of Ol Duvai, 'birthplace of mankind', the lodge has been styled to offer a showcase of cultural performance, heritage and traditional art, which is best illustrated by the lavish Makonde carvings which decorate both the rooms and the stunning domed dining room.
NUMBER OF ROOMS: Total of 65 rooms (01 Suite, 12 Triplets and 53 Doubles). 57 twins with shower, 08 triples with showers and 01 suite with bath/shower.
Room dcor: All rooms have a private balcony overlooking the Mbingwe Valley. The uniquely crafted grass-roofed rooms are made local materials that blend with their surroundings.
Room amenities: En-suite facilities with shower, in house telephones.
Special feature: Spectacular views of annual migration of the wildebeests who cross through the lodge.
- Walking to the dining room and bar area of the Lodge, guests pass through open corridors with rich African carvings and high roofs. Dining room Lounge has a capacity of 60 and 30 on the outside Restaurant. The bar is adjacent to the dining room.
- The full-service lounge and bar serves fresh fruit juices, soft drinks, tea and coffee, cocktails, wines, spirits and liqueurs.
- Express check-in and check-out facilities
- Laundry and valet Services
- Baby sitter on request
- House-doctor call
- Gift shop
- Secretarial Services
- Safari Boutique
- Swimming pool
- Massage Services
- Visit to places of interest like Serengeti National Park and Mbingwe Valley