Nestled at the foot of the wooded slopes of Mount Meru, this unique hotel stands amid coffee plantations on the shores of tranquil Lake Duluti. Designed to echo the traditional style of the colonial coffee farm, which originally stood on this site, Serena Mountain Village - Arusha offers a range of tastefully presented cottage-styled rooms set amid extensive landscaped grounds.
Standing at the gateway to the famous Tanzanian 'Northern Safari Circuit', the hotel offers a broad range of attractions, which include: walking, mountain biking, canoeing on the lake, and trips to the nearby Arusha and Mount Meru national parks.
The hotel features a stone-built reception with adjoining lounge, library, restaurant, boutique and business centre. Imposing in stature and spacious in concept, the design of the new building echoes the hotel's original incarnation as a working coffee farm dating back to colonial times.
42 Rondavels (circular rooms) divided into 06 superior rooms and 36 twins. There are family rooms that can accommodate 3-6 persons comfortably.Room dcor: The groups of rondavels are set in semi-circles in beautiful tropical gardens, each with a delightful view. Each room is thatched with Banana stems and decorated with a rich variety of local crafts while the soft furnishings are Macram worked from local sisal twine.
Room amenities: Spacious rooms with private shower/bath (sunken baths in suites), separate toilets, mosquito nets and provision of ?¢ litre bottled water.
Special features: The magnificent scenes from the terrace unparalleled with panoramic views of Mount Kilimanjaro, Lake Duluti and Mount Meru.
- Fountain Restaurant the main restaurant located in the main building
- The Fountain Bar - adjoining the main dining room with a spectacular view.
- The Terrace - with a panoramic view of the Mountain/Lake ideal for sundowners
- Express check-in and checkout facilities.
- Gift Shop.
- Baby sitting services
- Nature walks in the spacious walled gardens full of lush tropical beauty where winding paths thread past ponds, fountains and streams.
- Bird walks on the nature trail around the lake home to over 130 species of birds
- Visit the coffee farms
- Horse riding
- Fishing for Tilapia and Black Bass at Lake Duluti
- Excursions to Mount Meru