Deep in the arid northern part of Kenya, situated across the Great North Road, is Shaba National Reserve which forms part of a trio of reserves quite different from the ones found in Kenya. Shaba takes its name from Mount Shaba (1525 metres), a volcanic mountain that became extinct around 5,000 years ago and lies on the border of the reserve.
In the middle of this desert of volcanic earth lies Sarova Shaba Game Lodge; Kenya's best kept secret. Built in an oasis around the natural terrain of this breathtaking volcanic desert, the Lodge is attractively laid out with chalet style rooms overlooking the Ewaso Nyiro River. Natural spring water has been harnessed to ribbon its way in and out all around the property creating a beautiful landscape. Coupled with the large free-form swimming pool that flows around the lush gardens and tall trees, all this refreshing water lends an almost magical feel to this natural oasis.
Sarova Shaba Game Lodge offers a unique experience that extends beyond game drives in the reserve. The lodge has a plethora of activities to indulge in, from bird watching to camel safaris, the viewing deck along the river, and feeding and watching crocodiles, making it a destination in itself.
85 rooms in 2 Storeys with 04 rooms to a block:- (56 twins, 20 doubles, 04 triples, 04 Junior Suites (with separate bedroom & Lounge) and 01 Presidential Suite (with separate bedroom, Lounge and a private Jacuzzi).
Room dcor: All thatched chalets face the river, built with local material and are very spacious.
Room amenities: Luxury en-suite with bath, shower and WC, Mosquito net and overhead fan and 240 volts electricity.
Special feature: The lodge is an oasis in the desert!!!! A magnificent swimming pool!!!! A movie making haven due to the beautiful and unique landscape!!!!
- Surpelei Restaurant - overlooking the pool and river, on a raised platform.
- Lounge Bar below the dining room overlooking the pool and river
- Poolside Bar - open all day
- Thatched chalets facing the river
- Luxury en-suite with bath, shower and WC
- Mosquito net and fan
- Voltage of 240 volts
- Bureau de Charge
- Free safety deposit boxes
- Laundry and valet services
- Babysitting services
The Doum Room - With open French windows overlooking the fish pond and verandah, Audio-visual equipment and Secretarial assistance, Capacity 100 theatre, 150 cocktail, 70 seminar style
- Game drives Shaba Game Reserve is a natural habitat to numerous animals most of which are unique to this area. With free access to the nearby Buffalo Springs also popular game viewing area.
- Animals found here include Grevys Zebra, Reticulated Giraffe, Gerenuk, Cheetahs among many others.
- Outdoor freeform Swimming Pool
- Viewing deck along the river to watch and feed crocodiles
- Traditional dances
- Wildlife video and lectures
- Assorted in-door and board game