Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge is nestled along the Lion Hill overlooking the spectacular flamingo pink rimmed Lake Nakuru. Its location affords panoramic views of the lake and the picturesque Lake Nakuru National Park. A short two-hour drive from Nairobi, Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge is a favourite with residents and visitors to Kenya.
Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge is cleverly laid out in such a way that most rooms and sitting areas afford stunning views of the lake and the park. The Lodge incorporates natural landscaping with tall acacia trees, winding walkways and greens dotted with bird feeds. The Lodge is a natural haven for bird life and attracts over 50 species of birds amongst the 400 species that inhabit the Park.
Lake Nakuru National Park was created in 1968 to protect the huge flocks of over of the lesser flamingo that breed and nest at the edge of Lake Nakuru, giving it the characteristic pink rim. Lake Nakuru National Park, located at an altitude of 4,000-5,767 feet above sea level, covers 188 square kilometres of land of great ecological diversity - from lake water, woodland, bush grassland, to rocky ridges. The park is home to not just the lesser flamingo but over 400 species of birds and one of the few places to see the endangered white rhino. Other wildlife at the park includes lions, leopards, zebra, gazelles, eland, giraffe and the hyrax.
- 67 rooms all on the ground floor:-
- 34 twin room,11 doubles,16 triples
- 02 superior rooms 02-One bedroom suites 02-two bedroom suites
- 01 Honeymoon suite 02-Junior Suites
All are chalets on the ground floor with private verandahs that have a panoramic views of the flamingo pink-rimmed lake. Room amenities:
En-suite facilities, mosquito nets and 220 volts and 50 cycles, razor outlets operate on both 220 and 240 voltsSpecial feature:
Lake Nakuru National park which is not only popular for the high population of flamingoes but also a Rhino sanctuary and has the highest chances of spotting the Leopard during the day.
Flamingo Restaurant Capacity 200, On the ground floor has interior section, a patio overlooking the pool, lodge grounds and the rift valley, Rift Valley Bar - ground floor, overlooking a spectacular view of the lake.
- All bedrooms are chalets with private shower and WC, mosquito net, verandas with panoramic views of the flamingo pink-rimmed lake
- Voltage is 220 volts and 50 cycles, razor outlets operate on both 220 and 240 volts.
- Bureau de Charge
- Free safety deposit boxes
- Laundry and valet services
- Baby-sitting services
- Baraza Room I & II on the ground floor is a large, airy room designed in earth colours and placed next to a separate lounge
- Audio-visual equipment and Secretarial assistance
- Capacity 60 theatre, 100 cocktail, 40 seminar style
- Beauty Therapy and massage services
- Swimming pool
- Nature Walks
- Reforestation Program
- Out of Africa jogging trails
- Game viewing drives