Fairmont The Norfolk Hotel has played a leading role in Kenya's colorful history, and continues to be the best-known luxury hotel in Nairobi, Kenya. The town and later the modern city of Nairobi grew up around Fairmont The Norfolk hotel, which still has its own private tropical gardens.
The landmark historic hotel in Nairobi is still the traditional starting point for African safaris and the Lord Delamere Terrace is modern Nairobi's popular meeting place, where drinks and light meals are served continuously from morning till late evening. Not to mention the elegant Cin Cin Wine Bar, showcasing an admirable range of International wines and spirits; and the ultra modern Tatu resturant, which is a thrilling contrast against the Victorian themed property.
Fairmont The Norfolk, a luxury Nairobi hotel, was expanded in 1999 and subsequently renovated in time for its centennial celebrations in 2004. The Delamere & Acacia Wing were refurbished in 2012 to give the rooms a modern touch, whilst preserving their charm and unique personality. The Nairobi luxury hotel now offers luxury accommodations in 170 guest rooms and suites, has eight conference rooms, the largest seating 175 delegates, a heated outdoor swimming pool, health club with gym, sauna and steam room and gift shops.
Total of 167 rooms with 35 doubles and 132 twins rooms divided as:
- Acacia Wing 44 rooms divided into 35 deluxe Suites, 04 Executive Suites each with a lounge;05 double VIP Suites with separate sitting room, an extra bath and dressing room
- Karura Wing 26 rooms - 03 Suites (each with 01 twin and 01 double) and 23 standard twins
- Delamere 44 rooms - 18 standard twins, 10 standard doubles, 08 pairs (16 rooms) of Inter-connecting rooms (15 twins and 01 double)
- Kijabe Wing 18 rooms (06 ordinary rooms and 12 Studio Suites) and 1937 Block (08 ordinary rooms).
- Mugumo 27 rooms - 07 split-levelled Duplex Suites (02 doubles, 05 twins), 20 standard rooms (7 doubles and 13 twins).
Luxurious modern comfortable rooms with beautiful but dull colours.
All rooms have private bathrooms with shower, mini-bar, television and radio and direct dial telephone.
Historical, luxurious and within access to all points of Nairobi.
Four impressive Restaurants offering first class cuisine and three bars:-
- The Ibis Grill Elegant venue, perfect for business lunch or romantic dinner
- The Lord Delamere Restaurant Serves breakfast and buffet meals
- The Lord Delamere Terrace and Bar ideal meeting point, open 0900-2300, serves snacks and light meals
- The Lord Delamere Patio
- The Poolside bar snacks and drinks are available
- The Hibiscus Coffee Lounge and Bar
- Room Service