Siana Springs in the local Maasai language means 'the plentiful springs'. It is truly an area of abundance in flora, fauna and cultural attributes. It epitomizes the best in diversity in all aspects as the species richness and natural history making the Camp an ideal eco-lodge from where you can partake to the world's greatest wildlife spectacle - the wildebeest migration.
There are also other mammalian species, enthralling bird species and the distinctive Maasai Mara ecosystem. The Camp has a rich history dating back to 1920, when the first Game Warden selected its current site for his Camp. The Camp is now located on a Wildlife Conservancy whose ownership was bequeathed to the local community in the late 1970s. Siana Springs Tented Camp is owned and managed by Oltukai Mara Limited.
- 33 Spacious tents with twin beds.
- 5 Spacious tents with double beds
- Extra beds and baby cots can be provided
Room D?®cor & Amenities:
- All tents are well spaced from each other, for guests to enjoy the sounds of the surrounding bush, undisturbed.
- The largest tents in use in the Mara, luxuriously fitted with rustic appeal.
- Each tent has a hanging wardrobe, dressing table, shaving mirrors, hand wash basin, shower and flushing toilet.
- Each tent has a flysheet roof and zip up front and windows.
- Voltage is 220 240 volts.
- Electric power outlets operate on 220 volts.
- The shower boast the largest showerheads in Kenya with plenty of hot and cold water available throughout the day.
- Mosquito repellent towelets are also provided.
- Hot water bottles are provided during the turn down service.
- Water flasks with glasses, insect repellent, umbrellas and torches are provided in each tent.
The Dining Room is cool and spacious with a view of the Siana garden. The active cooking breakfast provides eggs cooked to your preference, pancakes and crepes at the buffet. During the week there are special menus on different days, such as: curry lunches, barbeque nights. African dishes and carvery.
- Capacity 80 persons
- Tea and coffee is available from 5.00 p.m. to 12.00 midnight in the bar and restaurant.
- Breakfast or lunch hampers are available to guests going out on either an early morning game drive before breakfast or on a half day game drive after breakfast. These have to be booked on the night before.
- Vegetarian meals and children's early meals can be arranged upon request at the Reception.
Luxurious moonlit dinners, served in the bush under canvas by a large camp fire (at extra cost).
These are cocktails (at extra cost) with hot and cold canapes, served on the Siana hills with breathtaking views of the Loita and Siana Plains with a backdrop of a picturesque sunset, unique in its own right (at an extra cost).
Full, actively cooked breakfast with all the trimmings served on the Ngama Hills amid the sounds and sights of an African dawn.
- Bureau de Change at the reception desk
- We accept Visa and Master card International and local credit cards valid only in Kenya.
- Free safety deposit facility.
- An "onsite" registered clinical officer is always available.
- Free baby sitting services are available with prior arrangement.
- Children under twelve are entitled to special rates.
- Telephone and facsimile services are available at an extra cost.
- Battery charging facilities are available at the Reception.
Swimming pool:This unique outdoor rock and tiled swimming pool is designed to look and fit into its natural surroundings and affords some privacy. Maasai dancers are conducted every other evening. The Resident Naturalist presents a first class slide show, every other night, on topics such as: the animals of the Mara region, photography and the Maasai.
Food is placed every night on a tree table at the far end of the dining room to attract bush babies and genet cats.
Our resident guitarist will entertain you every night with nostalgic safari songs around the camp fire before dinner while you have your predinner drink and after dinner drinks.
Game drives can be arranged with the reception in one of the "Land Rover Siana" vehicles. A vehicle is specifically designed to maximise the game viewing experience.
Hot air ballooning & fishing: Hot Air Ballooning can also be arranged at the Camp as well as fishing excursions to Lake Victoria (at extra cost).
Walks: The Resident Naturalist/Ornithologist conducts bird walks around the camp grounds, pointing out some of the 200 bird species found in this bird watchers haven (at extra cost).Nature walks venture further a field to look at some of the fauna and flora in the area, whilst also looking for the bigger game. The Naturalist who is properly armed has a wide experience of the animals (at extra cost).
Long walks extend out into hills of the area and give guests a change to experience the unique landscape and outstanding views and also look for the bigger game (at extra cost).
Leopard blind: An exciting "treehouse" for relaxing in during the day, while overlooking the plains and for viewing the baited leopard during the night.
Private Cocktail Parties for up to 10 persons can be held in the blind (at extra cost). Private Dinners for up to 6 persons can be held in the blind (at extra cost).
Elephant hide: An authentic lookout, with spectacular views of the hills and plains, overlooking a salt lick dam, frequently visited by elephants, buffaloes, impala, zebra, gazelles, wildebeest and other animals during the day.
Special Private Cocktail Parties for up to 12 persons and Private Dinners for up to 8 persons can be held here (at extra cost).
Late evening game drives: Game drives conducted at night which present the opportunity to see a whole new world of animals never seen during the day, plus a chance to see the bigger animals such as the lion. The nocturnal animals normally seen include: leopard, whitetailed mongoose, aardvark, striped hyena, spring hare, aardwolf, bush baby, civet cat, serval, porcupine and a wide range of others.