Little Governors' is intimate in character, with just 17 luxury en-suite tents tucked around a large watering hole that teems with both birds and wildlife. The camp is approached by a boat ride across the Mara River, then an escorted walk through the riverine forest. Vehicles are left on the far river bank, and the camp is therefore quiet and undisturbed.
The guest tents at Little Governors' have wooden decks with large verandahs for guests to enjoy the constant game activity that takes place around the natural watering hole at the camp. All Governors' properties are unfenced, and at Little Governors' there is a resident family of warthogs that wander freely through the camp. Guests may need to make way for elephants which sometimes visit the camp at lunch time. Little Governors Camp has just been awarded a Bronze Eco-Rating from Eco Tourism Kenya due to our sustainable practices in place in camp.
17 tents (12 twins and 05 doubles).
ROOM DCOR: Comfortable and tasteful spacious luxurious safari tents, tucked away amongst trees, each with a private terrace and verandah from which animals are viewed.
ROOM AMENITIES: In keeping with safari tradition lighting is by gas and kerosene lanterns, or by candlelight, en-suite shower/basin and flush toilet/Bidet; running cold and hot water, 220 Volt plugs at reception and Hot-water bottle in bed.
SPECIAL FEATURE: Tent No. 17 recommended for honeymooners. Game package that includes game viewing drives and nature walks.
Open bar and restaurant tent with view over the marsh and the plains, whose atmosphere is enhanced at night by the camp fire in front of the dining tent. Bush breakfast & bush dinner can be organised on request at a supplementary cost. Room service on request, tea and coffee is served at the rooms with wake up call. Special dietary available with notice
- Gift Shop
- Laundry - daily at no extra cost.
- Telephone, Fax and Email in camp.
- Radio contact with other camps and Nairobi office.
- Musiara - all weather airstrip
- Children of all ages are catered for.
- Rate includes airstrip transfers, accommodation, meals, 3 game drives daily and laundry.
- Rate excludes flights, drinks, park fees and optional activities
- Game drives using the camps open-sided 4x4 wheel drive vehicles.
- Balloon Rides with champagne breakfast on landing (extra cost)
- Guided game walks in the morning or evening and ends with either champagne bush breakfast or sundowners respectably (extra cost)
- Cultural Tours - to a nearby Masai Manyatta (village) and donation made directly to the local community
- Lake Victoria - day excursion to Lake Victoria by charter flight. Boat rides and fishing on Lake Victoria. Excursion with overnight in Mfangano Island Camp highly recommended (all at an extra cost).