The camp for those who want that extra bit of luxury. We've kept Governors' IL Moran Camp small and intimate, with added touches that make this the top of the range safari. IL Moran is widely regarded as the premiere camp in the Masai Mara.
Hidden under ancient trees, deep in the forest, are just 10 tents. They line the winding banks of the Mara River. You'll be the personal guest of our manager, who'll look after all your needs.
The camp is situated along the banks of the Mara River, right in the heart of the Masai Mara Game Reserve, with the best game viewing right on your doorstep.
10 double suite tents.
Room dcor: Spacious, luxurious safari tents furnished to a superior standard. The beds have been hand carved from specially selected wood from fallen, ancient olive trees. The interior of each tent also includes a Victorian style bath, flushing lavatory and double sinks, and a large, extended veranda designed for private dinner at the privacy of the room.
Room amenities: En-suite bath, shower, basin, flush toilet, running cold and hot water.Special features: The superior and private camp in the family of the Governors.
Open bar and restaurant tent with view over the Mara River. During the day meals served outdoors amongst trees and dinners served on candlelight deep in the bush. Complimentary wine is served with dinner. These are truly unforgettable experiences.
Bush breakfast & bush dinner can be organised on request at a supplementary cost. Special diets are available on notice.
- Gift Shop
- Laundry services as part of the accommodation
- Bureau De Change and use of Credit cards.
- Telephone, Fax and Email in camp.
- Radio contact with other camps and Nairobi office.
- Musiara all-weather airstrip
- Electricity: gas and paraffin lamps in tents. 220 Volt plugs at reception.
- Room service on request, tea and coffee is served at the rooms with wake up call.
- Children of all ages are catered for.
- Rate includes airstrip transfers, accommodation, meals, 3 games drives daily and laundry, drinks except champagne and spirit. (Rate excludes flights, drinks and park fees).
- Game drives using the camps open-sided 4x4 wheel drive vehicles
- Balloon Rides with champagne breakfast on landing (extra cost)
- Guided game walks in the morning or evening and ends with either champagne bush breakfast or sundowners respectably (included in high season)
- Cultural Tours - to a nearby Masai Manyatta (village) and donation made directly to the local community
- Lake Victoria - day excursion to Lake Victoria by charter flight. Boat rides and fishing on Lake Victoria. Excursion with overnight in Mfangano Island Camp highly recommended (all at an extra cost).